The first step to exceptional makeup is exceptional skin. Just like hair, in order for skin to look and feel healthy it needs proper nourishment. Here is a simple breakdown of ingredients to look for in your skincare:
Antioxidant: fights free-radicals (i.e. pollution, environmental damage, uv rays)
Vitamin A: helps fight aging. Typically applied at night because it makes your skin sensitive to sunlight.
Vitamin C: antioxidant. Boosts natural collagen production to prevent wrinkles and plump skin. Great for acne-prone skin.
Vitamin E: heals and moisturizes. Can be applied to new scar tissue to help minimize scarring.
May 20th Studio Enizio will be participating in the "OUR TREAT" event being put on by Kerastase. What this means to you is that anyone under the sun can schedule and appointment on May 20th at our salon for a treatment and style and we will not charge you a cent.
Theres no catch! All you have to do is simply visit the Kerastase site and print your invitation. Redeem it at your appointment and there is no charge for your treatment and style. So tell all your friends, family, co workers, neighbors etc.
Remember- You must present the invitation from the Kerastase site or we cannot comp your services! See you then!
CAROL & I had the opportunity to spend an evening with Geno Stampora who will be inducted into the NAHA Hall of Leaders this summer. As one of the most influential Hairdressers in the Industry, Geno deserves the award 100 times over. I have never left an educational session more ready to take on my career than that with Geno. A hilariously motivating class, Carol and I were reminded of the importance of our jobs, our positions and the influence we can really have. There is such a stereotype about hairdressers and makeup artists but as in all things, its what you make and think of it. I am so proud to do what I do. Its very rewarding to help people feel good about themselves as well as realizing that it takes true talent to do what we do.
Thanks Larry for the opportunity to meet Geno and pick at his brain for one night!
Do you find curly hair more difficult to style? Do you find that no matter how much product you use, the hair still looks frizzy? Do you have trouble finding a product that leaves the hair soft and shiny but also has hold? Here is a set of steps I have found to be very helpful when styling clients with curly hair.
1. Make sure you use a cream curl product. Gels and mousses tend to harden and flake leaving the hair looking filmy and full of product. Curly hair today is soft and moveable.
2. Don’t be afraid to use a lot of curl crème when the hair is towel dried. If you can use more, use more. Curly hair is naturally more dry so it shouldn’t make the hair feel or look unclean.
3. While the hair is still damp, part and place the hair in the style you would like before you start diffusing then don’t touch the hair again until it’s dry. If you do need to touch it, make sure there is product on your fingers so you don’t separate hairs and create frizz.
4. The keys to diffusing are LOW heat and LOW airflow. High heat and airflow are two main causes of frizz.
5. DO NOT turn your client upside down to diffuse. Just put the diffuser right up against the head and work on one section at a time. This will require a little bit of patience, but the end result makes it worth it!
6. When the hair is dry, use a light creamy finishing product on your fingertips and gently set your fingertips on the scalp. Making sure not to disturb your finished style, rub your fingertips in tiny circles on the head, one section of the head at a time, to separate any hair that is stuck to the scalp so the hair is more moveable. Remember to pull your hands straight out from the head before moving to your next section. Also use this product in your hands to gently squeeze the hair together in any spots where you do find frizz.
7. Finally, use a very small amount of light hold aerosol hairspray over your finished style, and voila! Perfection!
To achieve this look, here are the products I would strongly recommend:
Bain Oleo-Curl Shampoo
Oleo-Curl Crème- Curl Definition Crème
Lumiere Nutri-Sculpt- Illuminating Finishing Crème
Double Force- Multi-Protective Spray.
All products are in the hydrating Nutritive line by Kerastase
The Ladies and I hit up Salsa Chocolate this weekend and It was such a blast! Heres a picture curtesy of Salsa Chocolate Nightclub and Arieh w/SalsaSouls Productions The ones missing are Stephanie who was the most popular one out of the group with the brown boys and Carol who was shaking it to far to the right to get in the pic. Im in the back having some fun on the dance floor. Confession, This was my first night back at a club since my wedding day! Too much fun! Next month... Hypnotism!!