4.21.2010

I feel really awful that I haven't been the best at updating this blog. I have also slacked at doing before and after photos which I realized today people actually like to see! My apologies. I promise to do better. Today, I thought I would share a couple of fun projects we've been on recently...



RYAN AND ASHLEIGH'S PHOTO-SHOOT
As some of you may know my "brother from another mother" was on So you think you can Dance this last season. Just after the show wrapped, Ryan and his wife were casted for Burn the Floor as the principle couple for their 2010 world tour. I had the privilege of doing the hair and makeup for their tour pictures along side my good friend Heidi Uhl behind the lens. This was such a pleasure for me because Ryan and I grew up together. It's been fun to see his career advance and to be able to participate in a small portion of it was a real honor. Look out for these two because I know America will be seeing a lot more of them.


VAMPIRED
I am a huge fan of Mark Andersen who is known for his amazing stock photography company, Rubberball Productions. Just recently Mark started a production company and I had the honor to be a part of Mark's first short film called Vampired. Mark wrote, produced and directed this short film. I have to admit that I was a little intimidated because I am such a big fan of his work. I had such a blast on this film. His lead actor was a riot to work with. He kept everyone laughing on set and watching him work with Mark was an unforgettable experience. Heres a small clip I caught on my phone of him goofing off with Mark. It just gives you an idea of how much fun this project was.





MASK
I got to team up again with my favorite mother/daughter team Laurie and Tiffany of Naturesknockout.com for this film. Stephanie and I came on as day players and I ended up pulling a 36 hour day working on this show and a couple other photo-shoots. I love working with Tiffany and Laurie! This film takes place in 1905 and was filmed at Lagoon. I'll tell you that walking from base to set in a dark theme park by myself at 3 am is a bit creepy! Because of the time period of this film, the hair was so fabulous and fun to do.


SOUL 41 PRODUCTIONS FOR DENTRIX
I got to take part in my first comedy type film project this last week. I laughed my head off taking part in this commercial for Dentrix. Will Rubio has got to be one of the funniest actors I have ever met. If your not familiar with Will Rubio you have to check out his work here. You'll laugh your head off! This spoof on clients who forget to show up to their dental appointments is sure to make a lot of people laugh! Im excited to see the final cut.



And of course, wedding season is in full bloom. Heres a couple trial sessions I captured plus some behind the scenes of our latest photo-shoot with Heidi Uhl. (Those are always very eventful). Last time we teamed up, she walked us out on to the Great Salt Lake in the freezing cold. I have to admit, it was the most fun shoot to date. Morgan and I laughed our heads off as we froze to death. Poor model. She was such a trooper!



I just want to thank everyone who follows our blog. Its fun to be able to share our projects with you!

2 comments:

hoptoitwebdesign said...

Thanks, Cynthia, for the great updates. You held out on us about your relationship to Ryan-he was awesome on last year's show! I am SOOO jealous that Katie got beautified by your magic yesterday and I missed out! Keep those blog updates coming--love reading about all the creative things you are involved with. love S.

Jolynne said...

Your amazing sin!